The Venture On Challenge Course is part of the Venture Academy Family of Schools program. We service students and staff from school districts, as well as scouting, professional, and other groups from the immediate area and around the state.
The challenge course is a series of individual and group physical challenges that require a combination of teamwork skills and individual commitment. The course ranges from ground level games and initiatives to high level elements constructed of utility poles, ropes, and cables.
Trained facilitators lead groups through a series of games, initiative problems, and cooperative activities that promote individual and group development and lead to the experience of "climbing" on the course's high elements. To ensure an atmosphere of emotional and physical safety, activities are sequenced based on the group dynamic with periodic debriefing sessions designed to promote open dialogue among participants.
- Increase the participants sense of personal confidence.
- Increase mutual support within a group.
- Improve skills in communication, decision making, and problem solving.
- Develop an increased level of agility and physical coordination.
- Develop an increased joy in one's self and in being with others.
- Have fun, relaxation, and play.
For information on how your group can sign up to use our course, follow the link below: